Thursday, August 27, 2009

SNACKTIME READERS FOR AUGUST

The group met last night to talk about Norton Juster's Phantom Tollbooth. This was probably the most highly rated of title of any in the group's history. Here's what they thought:

Tamar 10+++ Whenever I just read a chapter, I just read more and more.

Crystal 9 I highly recommend this. I found it wonderfully imaginative.


Michael 300 Million This is a real good book. It is good for your brain.


Celena 10 I thought that it was funny. It is something I am going to make my sister read.


Allisyn 10 It is my all-time favorite book. The story goes beyond all
expectations.

Jamie 10 It is a page turner. I could read it a hundred times and not get tired of it.

Brittany 9.8 I really love that it got my imagination going even though it was slow at first.

Shannon 9 It took my imagination
to another level and me look at things differently.

Josie 10

Snacktime Readers will meet on September 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the Children's Room at the Central Library, 222 East Harvard, Glendale, CA 91205. We will be reading the Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah. For additional information please call (818) 548-2035. See you there!

For grades 4-8.

No comments: