Wednesday, April 02, 2008

GEORGIA

Georgia, begins to make sense of her mother's death and her father's grief, as her artistic talents and interests develops after she receives an anonymous gift membership to the local Brandywine river Museum.
"I started to draw on the top of my binder,
like it seems I always do
when I don't know what else to do, so I
didn't notice that she was trying to hand me
a red leather notebook (this very one i'm writing in),
and she said: "Georgia, why don' we make
a deal? I will excuse you
from coming to Guidance for a while, provided-
you promise to write down your thoughts and feelings
at least a few times a week
in this diary. You don't have to show it to me, or to anybody,
unless you want to,
and it might be a good idea if you tried-sometimes , or
all the time if you want-
to write down what you might tell, or what you might ask,
your mother
if she were here."

Pieces of Georgia: A Novel by Jen Bryant is a heart wrenching story of a girl coping with the loss by piecing herself, family and friends back together one piece at a time.
For readers in 4th and up.



No comments: