Thursday, May 17, 2007
Jackson Jones and the Curse of the Outlaw Rose by Mary Quattlebaum
Strange things start to happen to everyone and everything around Jackson Jones after he takes a cutting from a cemetery. But unlike his best friend, he doesn't believe in curses until he starts adding it all up...
1. The cleaning crew got poison ivy
2. Old Mr. K sprained his ankle
3. The bully got stung by a bee
4. Suddenly there was no rain for weeks
5. All the plants in the community garden are dying, except for the outlaw rose...
What do you think? Is the rose cursing everything around Jackson because he disturbed its resting ground?
For readers in 2nd- 3rd grade who enjoy a little ghost in their story.